NADIA ALWASH Stat FDS RCS MSc M.Orth
GDC No: 80312
• Qualified as a dentist in 1989 from College of Dentistry, University of Baghdad, Iraq
• Undertook a series of hospital appointments in Paediatric Dentistry and Maxillofacial Surgery until gaining the Fellowship in Dental Surgery of the Royal College of Surgeons of England in 1999
• Studied orthodontics at the University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne Dental School (2001-2004) gaining an MSc in Orthodontics and Membership in Orthodontics of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
• Joined The Orthodontic Practice in 2005
• Holds a part-time Associate Specialist post at the Orthodontic Department, Queen Victoria Hospital in East Grinstead where she treats complex cases and is involved in teaching of orthodontic trainees
• Registered as a specialist in orthodontics with the General Dental Council
o British Orthodontic Society
o World Federation of Orthodontics
o Royal College of Surgeons England
o Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh
o Kent, Surrey, Sussex Orthodontic Managed Clinical Network
All of the orthodontists at The Orthodontic Practice are on the Orthodontic Specialist List of the GDC. They initially trained as dentists and then undertook a minimum of an extra 3 years of full time training in orthodontics.
All of The Orthodontic Practice’s dental nurses are registered with the GDC.